National Student Loan.ca want to help you navigate the different options and loan products offered to financing your education and also budget your way to success.
Education is the most important investment of your lifetime. As the word investment implies, you will have to put in a lot of time, a lot of hard work and also a lot of money.
Post Secondary Education is costly
So how much costly really is post secondary education? According to official government sources, attending full time post secondary school or university currently costs between $2,500 to $8,000 per year in tuition alone, depending on the program you attend. You will need add to that:
- Student fees – Schools and institutions often charge special fees on top of tuition to help funding special services or particular event.
- Supplies - Depending on the program you may need special tools or a computer. You will also always need the regular office stuff.
- Books - The cost of book can really add up to the total amount for your education.
- Transport – How are you going to get yourself to school ?
- Living expenses – Depending the region of Canada or city where is located your school, this can be an overwhelming part of your total cost. Particularly rent and food but also Internet connection, phone line or cellular phone, entertainment, etc.
On average, this totals roughly to $15, 000 per year; $60,000 for a four year program. Clearly, you will need to have a carefull planing to get through it and succeed.
Explore all the sections of this site before you rush into any decision. We compiled tricks, guides, facts and resources to help you in making the right choices: